Monday, December 28, 2009

Snow Schmo




Well the blizzard of 2009 put a small damper on Dee's winter trip schedule. She missed DREAMGIRLS and Italian dining at Cinghiale, but I plowed through and made it( just barely) to Cheestique!

Cheesetique is located on Mount Vernon Ave. in the Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandra, VA. I love Alexandria and Del Ray is so quaint. Mount Vernon Ave. is a strip of mostly small restaurants and Cheesetique is a wine and cheese shop located in the middle of all the small town action.

Cheesetique has a variety of well organized wine, cheeses, and meats and they also serve food(sandwiches and such.) The BEST part about Cheesetique is their wine and cheese classes held 3 or 4 time a month.

The class that I attended was the wine and cheese pairing class. We sampled a variety of 6 or 7 wines and several cheeses. The staff is highly knowledgeable and I loved how they vividly described the different wines and explained how they are made.

I highly recommend visiting Cheesetique if you live in the MD, DC, VA area. My friends and I are already discussing when to venture to the next class. The cool thing about the owner, Jill Erber, is that she has a new class theme for each month so Cheesetique classes will be different every month. Oh and don't forget to take some goodies home with you as the shop is open after the classes. My family enjoyed the wine and stinky cheese I brought home. Thanks Cheesetique for a terrific start to the holiday!
Suzanne
Photo Courtesy of http://www.cheesetique.com/

2 comments:

  1. I was one of the lucky ones chosen to accompany Suzanne to Cheestique and I absolutely loved both of the companies (Cheetique's and Suzanne's!!). The Sommelier was very knowledgeable about each of the wines and the variety was wonderful - from sparkling Rose, to Reisling, to Madeira, to Port, to Amarone, to Tokaji (yum!), to cider, to Champagne. The variety of cheeses was also amazing and included some varieties of old favorites as well as some new unfamiliar ones. I would highly recommend Cheetique classes and hope to talk Suzanne into attending another one with me in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krystal, you should write this blog!!! Perfect description and were absolutely going again.

    ReplyDelete