Friday, November 13, 2009

Jersey Boys National Theatre/Washington DC

"Don't worry baby," is what I sang to myself last night as I trekked to DC in the rain. Why??? I caught the evening show of Jersey Boys at the National Theatre. I saw the show in NYC with Dee and her lovely group, but no no no that wasn't enough for me!!!
Jersey Boys is my all time favorite musical documentary. The show is comical, engaging, and it's based on the true story of how Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons came to be one of the biggest American pop sensations.
John Lloyd Young won the Tony Award in 2006 for his role as Frankie Valli in NYC and honestly, no one can compare to his performance(except for the real Frankie Valli himself). However; Matt Bailey of the DC cast, stole the show in his role as, Tommy DeVito! You won't be able to, "take your eyes off of him."
Definitely go and see the show before it leaves the area in December. If you live somewhere else, click here to find a show near you! Jersey Boys is not appropriate for children; however to all the ladies out there in virtual world, this may be the only musical where your special man will stay awake! "Oh what a night!"
The New York times has a fabulous article on the musical Jersey Boys. To view, click here.
Photo Courtesy of Jersey Boys official website
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment