Thursday, October 8, 2009

Trip Ideas



A couple weeks ago I went to a beautiful wedding in the Catskills. On the way we stopped in Woodstock NY and NO the concert field is NOT in the town of Woodstock. The field is about 1 hr. and 45 min. away from the main drag.
As one can imagine, there are lots of hippy stores in town; however I was surprised to see many cute boutiques and restaurants! The lady who owned this adorable shoe boutique 'Soul Mates' told us that the actual Woodstock field was worth visiting. The museum is supposed to be awesome!
If I ever venture back to Woodstock, I would want to return to Tinker St. The boutiques, restaurants, and shops are one of a kind! Check out Sweetheart gallery http://www.sweetheartgallery.com/. They had the coolest knobs for drawers and cabinets that were handmade by TEMA. You can't find those at anthropology plus I think the pulls are actually made it Woodstock. Their jewlery and pottery was cool too.

The Gilded Carriage is another shop I would return to. A photo of the store is up above. Very unique and special kitchen/gift shop. Watch out Williams-Sonoma!

Man cannot survive on bread alone, but if you're in Woodstock you should definitly check out this local bakery http://www.breadalone.com/.
Lucky for us gals, Woodstock just happened to be having their sidewalk sale and flea market. One of the store owners said that the town has a sidewalk sale every fall and spring!
I am trying to convince my mom to do a trip there in the spring. She asked me where her group should stay and I told her to check out the Emerson Resort and Spa http://www.emersonplace.com/.

If you're going on your own or with your family, you should stay at the Full Moon Resort http://www.fullmoonresort.com/. That is where we stayed for the wedding. Full Moon is super rustic so if you're looking for that type of get-away, then Full Moon is definitely the spot!
On the way home from our weekend in the Catskills we stopped for coffee. The GPS took us to Hudson Coffee Traders in the quaint town of Kingston. Their chai tea latte was amazing. The sweet owner said that she wishes she could take credit; however the brand of tea they use is to die for. I cannot remember the brand, but I think it starts with the letter M. I must find out!!! I will find out!!!
Suzanne


1 comment:

  1. I will check out these spots for future trip ideas. They sound like great fun. XO,Dee

    ReplyDelete